Some ROMs like Slim ROM change the DPI setting so that objects on the screen are much smaller than is comfortable for me. This site told me how to change the DPI setting.
We need root access for this. Any file explorer with root access is fine. Root explorer is an excellent paid option, but ES file manager will do just fine as a free app. Follow the steps below.
- Navigate to /system
- Click on Mount RW (It should appear as Mount RO, that’s when it is correct!)
- Look for build.prop. Long press on the file and press Open file in Editor
- Scroll down to ro.sf.lcd_density=240
- Change the value to anywhere between 180 and 240. The lower the value, the higher density your screen will have.
- Click on the Menu button, and Save and Exit.